Monday, March 4, 2013

T-Minus 4 days until.. probably nothing...

I have 4 days until my due date.  I think that means absolutely nothing, except that it provides a basis for the longest I can possibly go before my doctor decides he isn't coming and she will take matters into her own hands.  So, that's fun.  

I knew going into this that the due date was essentially a guess anyway, and there was little chance that anything would happen then, and I would most likely be late.  But, now that I'm actually nearly there -- I have to say, I have a hard time liking that concept.  Not that I'm necessarily ready (I know, I know... you're never ready), but it would be nice to just know that on this date I have a baby.  It's like the deadlines I was working on the last few months for work - I liked having that due date as the light at the end of my tunnel... oh wait, that never worked out either.  Damn.. Ha.  

But, just for fun - I'm attaching a picture I took in the bathroom out here in Lombard today to show off my 40 weeks.  I have to say, the most enjoyment I get these days is people finally feeling confident that I'm pregnant and asking me about it...and then being able to respond to the age-old "when are you due", with "Friday"... and then watching their faces shift from "aaww cute pregnant lady" to "holy shit, she's about to have it on my floor".  It's a small amusement, but I'll take it.  

I also would like to say that I made it through 8.5 months without anyone touching me.. and in the last 2 weeks or so, I've had 2....  Soooooo close.

Now here's what I look like at 9 months... sans make-up (wait, that's not unusual, I never do my make-up).


One day I'll get to posting baby shower pictures and new 2nd bathroom pictures... and everything else that I have planned.... I swear it.  I'm about to have a lot free time on my hands, right?

2 comments:

  1. Megan, you look great. I think you should start faking labor pains to really freak people out.

    Also, I'm still rooting for this little guy to come tomorrow... best birthday ever!
    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look absolutely gorgeous! I agree the end is the very hardest part...both of mine just liked their first home a little too much. I know everything will go well for you both once it all begins. I am sending so much love and peace to you during this whole process. :)

    ReplyDelete