I'm scared to forget:
- his incredible use of also in a sentence
- the way he completely used damn-it correctly when a superhero potato head came apart
- the way he can turn an argument off by asking about the strangest things "yeah, mom, but what about the honey badgers?!"
- making me realize how much he doesn't mean it when I start to get huffy at something and he looks at me and asks "mom, are you mad at me? are you frustrated at me? are you happy at me?" How can you stay mad or frustrated???
- how he's learning to color in the lines and he gets so mad when he colors outside and wants to erase the marker or crayon from the open space.
- how he surprised me at lunch on Sunday by knowing how to write his own name without me giving him the dashed lines to trace, and how he was completely able to sound out his middle name and write it with almost zero prompting or help from me (!!!!)
- how he amazes me when he does MATH.... and how he can just look at something and be able to know the number without counting each piece
- the way he LOVES hot sauce (even with ghost pepper) and even had his first chicken wing (2 actually)
- how he'll cuddle up next to me when going to sleep and say how he's "so cooozy" in such a weird little voice that makes me smile
- how he can race me down the street and, when I have my backpack on, legitimately win
- the way he is perfectly happy with choosing the direction of a conversation because "he already talked about that" or "I don't want to talk about that with you"
- how he can absolutely make us into pushovers because sometimes his arguments are really tough to argue against
- how he knows that when he wants to watch a show on the computer he can say "I'll turn it off straight" when he means that he will turn it straight off as soon as the episode is over
- how if you hit it just right you can say that he needs to take a stroller nap before he does something and he curls right up and falls asleep within moments of the walk
Overall -- he's just amazing. I am happy that we are (mostly) done with the sleepless nights, but I do still love when he crawls into bed with us and just SOMETIMES will sleep in until 8am on the weekend. He loves his mommy fiercely, and while sometimes it drives me nuts because a break would be awesome, I love that he wants to cuddle up with me at the end of the day. We chat about school, and superheroes (of course), and he twirls his blanket in the air so that it creates a fan and gets the fabric all nice and cool so that he can lay it up next to his face.
He truly is a crazy kid... and he does drive me crazy... but he's so smart and fun, and blows me away with the way his mind works. I'm excited for all the next changes... I just don't want to forget where we are.