Saturday, June 26, 2010

What could we have done with our down payment?

So, I started thinking about what John and I could have done with our down payment if things had gone south... Here are some of our ideas:
  • We could have flown round trip from Chicago to Dublin in business class 7 times.
  • We could have stayed at Hotel Meurice in the Belle Etoile Suite in Paris for 6 nights.
  • We could have flown to South Africa to see the World Cup Quarter Finals with 5 nights of 5 star accommodation plus airfare 4 times.
  • We could have bought a 55" Sony Bravia 3-D ready tv 15 times.
  • We could have flow around the world 7 times.
  • We could have bought our sofa, loveseat, chair set 16 times.

Instead.. we bought a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom condo in Wrigleyville. While, I'm completely happy and excited about our choice - there could have been a LOT of fun had with our downpayment money... ha. There are quite a few other things we could have done I'm sure - this is but the beginning of what could be a large list if I had another 9.5 months of salary to just play around with.

I plan on posting pictures soon - but we have a lot going on right now. We are still unpacking (we .. errr.. I ... have so much stuff it's ridiculous), we have friends staying in town for the weekend (I think 3, but it could be as many as 5), and we have the 3rd Annual Beer Olympics this weekend!! This means that I will be very limited in my posting abilities for a while, as we try to get ourselves set up in our new home. :)

1 comment:

  1. I must harass you now...it is time to update your avid readers Mrs. Megan! :)

    ReplyDelete