Friday, February 4, 2011

Blizzard 2011!!!!! (snOMG)

You will be happy to know that we survived the Chicago February 2011 Blizzard. John and my offices didn't shut down, so we went in since we didn't want to "waste" the vacation day. Upon reflection - probably a good call - but it would have been AWESOME to take a snow day as an adult person. :) I took some pictures of our morning experience and I am posting them here (in my first ever movie, so please bear with me).

I hope everyone stayed safe in the crazy winter storms that have been doing through the nation. One of the strangest things we experienced - Thundersnow.... yes... thunder AND lightening in snow. It was totally bizarre and I kind of hope to not see it again, mainly because it just trips you out. (PS I highly recommend seeing Jim Cantore's reaction to thundersnow, it's pretty fantastic).

Without further ado - here are our Blizzard 2011 pictures (the 3rd snowiest in Chicago record at 20+").


1 comment:

  1. I would like to apologize for the low quality of the slideshow.. I hope to have it working shortly... If interested, a better quality slideshow can be found here: https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/qL6ZWs8w6pGKaioAXAEWMPryGcy-pg7fM-uo9Jp2Z7g?feat=directlink

    Sorry for the inconvenience.... I'm not so good at this photo thing yet...

    ReplyDelete