Monday, May 31, 2010

Texas Tour

It has taken me a bit of time to get our Texas Tour posted, but here it is... We had a really good time. We started in Houston, went to Magnolia (well, John went to El Campo)... I journeyed to College Station (Texas A & M folks are CRAZY!!!).... a Magnolia wedding.... Kingwood (The Livable Forest). And finally up to Dallas before coming home. All in all, we were gone for about 7 days and while we had a great time seeing our friends, it was nice to come back home. :)


I had the most unmovable hair I've ever had .. I swear I shook it upside down at the end of the night and it went right back into itself. It was a little crazy. It took me about 2 days to wash off the make-up from my face.. and I never did get used to not recognizing myself in the mirror at the wedding. But eventually I started to look like myself again. :)


John shot skeet... seems like he did a pretty good job for never having shot a gun before. He did have a wonderful bruise on his shoulder though... You really do need to hold it tight, I think he'll remember for next time. :)


JuliAnna was kind enough to welcome us into their amazing home!! We spent the day in their backyard pool which was the perfect ending to the wedding hoopla that was that week and weekend. :) I was blown away by their city (Kingwood) and their home. I wish I had taken more pictures, but I was just so relaxed... I got to catch up with her family and be shocked by how old they are and grown up. I couldn't believe it.


We also got to visit with Chris and Emily in their sweet condo in Dallas. They definitely showed us a good time. We drank and ate ourselves totally silly which was amazing. It took me a while to recover - and John is still talking about how much he doesn't think the "hook and ring" game is a fun time.. hahahaha.... It's only because we were better than him :)


So here is a brief snapshot of some of our Texas experiences. :)


The Houston airport. I wonder what they're "Big On".

There were also animal heads on the walls - this is when I officially felt I had entered Texas.

Theresa, me, and her sister Lisa. Bachelorette Party Part 2 (College Station).

Had to get the Lone Star Beer.. it was similar to PBR, so not too bad.

Riiight...... Leaving for the rehearsal dinner.

The wedding venue - pre-people.

It definitely was the hottest day we were in Texas. And the hottest hairstyle I've ever had!

The happy newlyweds.

KG, me, and Sarah hanging out at the reception.

The Livable Forest residents ... down the street from JuliAnna's beautiful home!

Got to Dallas and saw a pretty perfect double rainbow!!

Where JFK was shot. It was a little eerie.

Hahahaha... Thanks Texas!

Fabulous tacos at a gas station that has longhorns. Awesome.

I can see our City from here!!

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha - gotta love the inhabitants of the livable forest:) And the longhorns right by the gas station - awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete