Monday, August 23, 2010

House Stuffs


I'm a little behind in my postings on all the fun things we have started with our house, so I have decided to take this time to update...

We began this process with cabinets over the peninsula in our kitchen, a blue wall around the fireplace, and your basic white walls.... Over the last 2 months we have removed the cabinets, changed the blue wall, and painted it a new basic white? haha.. But, it is so much more our style. It's a gray/blue/white instead of a yellow/cream/white... which makes ALL the difference. We have taken down old bronze chandeliers and replaced them with track style lighting... We have pendants and shelves... mounted surround sound, and wires hidden behind the fireplace. And some of the best part is that we finally have all of our furniture!!! How exciting, is that? We have a couch (which over the last 2 months we have broken in), a love seat (same color), and a chair (in orange!!!). The orange chair is better than I could have thought. Not going to lie.. I'm super excited. I was a little nervous to introduce so much color into our living room... and it's not so much a "small" chair. But, it makes it feel fun, funky, and makes me feel stylish.. whether other people think so, I don't know... :)

So I'll walk through the changes we've made - some of the fun things we've done.. and a very exciting surprise at the end!!!

The painting is beginning.... Everything is draped, and the blue wall is hiding behind the primer!

Our new fan!!!!!! I love it. :) We need a floor lamp to make up some light, but it's so pretty - and we can turn it on without the noise and unevenness as before.

Our ceiling paint.. :)


From this I'm standing in the living room looking at our modified track lighting. You can also see the new lighting under the cabinets.


We ended up rolling up extra chords on the pendant lighting so they aren't hanging down in some sort of nouveau art fixture...

These are our "flying saucer" light fixtures. They are great over the table and the bar.


The flying saucer over the bar...


Just a more updated picture of the kitchen with the lighting. I'm excited about it.


Our living room complete with all of our furniture. Our chair hanging out in all of its glory.


We finally were able to hang the shelves into the alcove and put our stuff up there. We had some interesting work to do with supporting the shelf with L brackets... 11" is apparently a little shallow for the new blue ray player.


A better view of all the shelves - we are going to reign in some of the cords, but that's for a different day.


Our chair with our new light fixtures. Awesome.

Oh... I guess I promised a surprise didn't I....

Oh yes... That's ME, holding my PROFESSIONAL ENGINEERING LICENSE for the State of Illinois.... :) My application was accepted!!!!!!!!

So things are going good... Our living room, dining room, kitchen, and hallway are painted (walls and ceiling)... we need to work on trim but that's not too bad. We need to work on our bedrooms next and probably bathrooms.. but that's all in good time. We are now going to just enjoy living here a little bit. Try to get the motivation to get some more done.. All that jazz. :)

2 comments:

  1. Everything looks awesome! I love the orange chair and can't wait to come and sit in it! Also, CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so proud of you, not that I would ever doubt it would have come to be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!!!!! So exciting, on both counts!!!!

    ReplyDelete