Monday, October 11, 2010

Time flies when?

Here it is, the eve of our 2nd anniversary.... I can't even believe it. I sit here, drinking a glass of wine while John sits next to me playing the latest and greatest video game... It is pretty cool (nba2k11 I think it is?... it has Michael Jordan and the
Bulls so I'm not surprised that we now own it).

Here is a snapshot of how we got to where we are... I feel so lucky to have someone like John... He makes me laugh, he calms me down when I get a little crazy (okay, a LOT crazy)... and he just is the best balance to my life that I could ever ask for.. :) I am such an incredibly lucky lady to have someone as awesome as John (and he would totally back me up with that).


Right before moving to Chicago.. :)


On the roadtrip to moving to Chicago from Arizona. We covered 8 states, Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, South Dakota, Iowa, Missouri, Illinois... It was amazing!


Seeing John at the end of the aisle was what made everything worth it..


"I do"

"We did"


I like this one, because I feel like I give this look a lot.. ha.


Cheers to us!!!

Mr. and Mrs. McDonald


First picture on the honeymoon. John has his eyes closed, but it still works.


I want to always go to Europe on the fall from now on.


Notre Dame... quelle belle!


What an amazing trip. :)

We look fantastic. :)


News Year's 2008!


How often can you say, "we both wore tights for Halloween"??


Happy New Year's ... again... :)


We even survived a Texas wedding!! Big hair and thick make-up, John still loves me he just doesn't recognize me.. :)


And now we have a house... How exciting!

It's amazing to think of how fast these 2 years have gone. While I'm happy they have gone so quickly, because to me it means that nothing so crazy has happened to make it feel long.. I'm sad that the time has gone so quickly that I don't feel that we have captured all the moments that make it so exciting and wonderful. I can't wait to celebrate so many more, and I know that we have plenty of amazing things waiting for us in the future.

Happy 2 years... and happy many many more :)

(Wedding pictures courtesy of Kevin Weinstein Photography and Chris Sommers... Thanks you guys for such wonderful pictures!!!)

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to you both!!! Loved the lil walk down memory lane...and marriage just keeps on getting better, trust me! Three was the best yet in my opinion;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! I love the photographic memories. Love to you both for many years to come. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You both have such a wonderful and inspiring love that I think that it makes others happy just to be around you. Congratulations on your two year anniversary...and here's to the next 50...or so...

    ReplyDelete