Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Finding time is like ... stacking BB's in the wind

That second half would make my mother proud.  She always had such weird sayings - that being one of them.... and "so..so.... sew brass buttons on toilet paper" when I would use "so" as a filler it would drive her crazy and so she would kindly point out that using "so" was as useful as sewing brass buttons on toilet paper.  You're welcome.  Ha.  Fun fact, I still use "so" as a filler - apparently her tactic didn't work.

But honestly, I'm being a little neglectful these days, and unfortunately it's getting into my non-blog life.  I'm still trying to find the opportunity to take 8 month pictures of Colin!!!  I only have like 10 days left of him being 8 months, so I really need to jump on it (make sure to read that like you're singing).  

I have a million things I have wanted to write, but I have to remind myself that this is more of a glimpse into our lives and less of a diary.  So I need to start focusing.  I haven't even really visited here in a while, and started rereading some of my unpublished posts.  It's interesting to see what stayed in draft, kind of a backwards peek at what was going on and how I was feeling - and remembering why I didn't want to share.

But now I would like to get back on track ... with everything - photos, blogging, cleaning, life.  We have Drinksgiving coming up this Saturday, so we have everyone coming over with enough food to feed a small army and we'll be heating up the smoker with turkey and maybe a ham.  Should be a delicious weekend, with some excellent lunches in my future.  

Now that I've put together a complete mash-up of unrelated thoughts, I will end with a few pictures picture that our friend took of us last weekend.  It was FREEZING, the wind was whipping around, but I was excited to get a few pictures with the City behind us.


Thanks to Chris Sommers at StudioCRAFT Photography for our photo!!
www.studiocraftdesign.com

No comments:

Post a Comment