Tuesday, December 8, 2009

2nd Annual Drinksgiving

We managed to make it through our 2nd Annual Drinksgiving... It was a great time. We combined it with Slapsgiving (if you've missed these How I Met Your Mother episodes, seriously, you need to watch.. AMAZING). While I don't have pictures of the slap, it was pretty good. John lost the bet between him and Ian that the Bears would cover the spread against the Viking's the week before... there was some good build up to the slap, and it was definitely worth it!


We had more food than I knew what to do with... mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes wrapped in prosciutto, cajun mac and cheese, caramel bacon bites, prosciutto crusted quiche, gingerbread cookies, butternut squash stuffing, a wonderful cheeseball, ham, and deep fried turkey... goodness, we had more... much more. We stuffed ourselves silly! It was fantastic.


The spread - on our new table!! I don't even think everything is on there yet... :) We are like real people...

The turkey in its deep fried goodness...


The tree with all the presents underneath... 21 people showed up.. awesome!


I got to use my grandma's candlewick glassware- it looked festive and it made me happy to actually USE the boxes upon boxes of candlewick I have stored...


I am certainly as exhausted as I look!

So, all in all it was very successful Drinksgiving! (And Slapsgiving... and slap bets are now being made for pretty much everything)

Next year I think we will have to work on the amount of food we have for next year because we had a LOT more leftovers this year... even with more people to eat it. Hopefully we can also get some more people to join in... I'm not sure where we can possibly PUT them as we were pretty up to our max with space, but please come and celebrate with us next year (to everyone reading.. and who is out of state.. hehe)!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment