Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Part 2 of Thanksgiving

Thanks for those who have read so far... haha. I feel as though I'm still stuck on HOW to write on this thing, but I'm working on it. Hopefully future posts will only get better and more relaxed!!

Just a quick note.. I want to post the picture that was taken of all of us for Thanksgiving.. Note the Chicago skyline painting in the back and the Southwestern painting to the side.. all courtesy of my very talented mother-in-law!

And here is the appropriately fall festive Thanksgiving table...the vases are from our wedding.. yaaay multi-purposing!


This Saturday we are hosting our 2nd Annual Drinksgiving... I'm pretty excited about it. Our friend Truitt is deep frying a turkey, and everyone is bringing a dish to share. I think that I'm going to give a butternut squash stuffing a shot from my "Better Homes and Gardens" magazine (I feel very Sally Homemaker)... I might even go out and purchase a dutch oven.. I feel it might be a necessary component to my kitchen...

Last year our Drinksgiving was fantastic! So I'm hoping that this year will be just as delicious and fun. We combine it with our Secret Santa/Secret Secular Gift Giving celebration... There are about 21 people that will be sharing our living room and sitting around our Christmas Tree!!

So, once again, when I think something will be short I end up getting carried away. ha. But, I will be posting pictures from our Drinksgiving eventually...maybe Sunday if I don't have too much cleaning up to do?

2 comments:

  1. hahaha - I *still* post things and think that no one cares and that it sounds ridiculous. And many times I get zero comments...SO the fact that all your posts already have comments means your blog is already kicking my blog's behind;) I'm not letting you ever stop now...it's like we're exchanging diary entries! It's fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say that while I found your blog entry to be very fun to read, I'm a little disappointed that you didn't mention the physical abuse that is destined to accompany the Drinksgiving (aka Slapsgiving). hehehe... Yay for Megan and blogging! (PS - I am pretty sure that if I ever started one of these, it would be about coverage letters, unreasonable plaintiff's counsels, and my commute...making it the worst blog EVER!)

    ReplyDelete