Monday, December 14, 2009

A weekend in the life...

I made it through yet another busy weekend. I'm not sure where I find the stamina to make it through, but somehow I rally.. haha.

Friday night began with happy hour after work - where I got a certificate for my "perfect pint pour" of Guinness. I think I should have been a bartender in a different life (not based on my ability, only my enthusiasm)...

Then we all went out to see Molly and Sarah in the Christmas at DePaul Concert. It was as amazing as last year. They sound beautiful and they sing a lot of the classics.

Hey look, the gang's all here!

Saturday, luckily, was low key... the basic housekeeping things - laundry (alright, one load, but that's better than usual for me - domestic I am not)... grocery shopping... dominoes and 42 with our friends Truitt and Theresa. Grilling out in the pouring rain in the middle of the winter... can't beat it (or so I hear, since John and Truitt did the grilling). :)

Sunday is when the magic happened... Not only did I make a delicious, first-time pot roast (watch out Betty Crocker!!).... I also was able to make it to a Bears game.. and not just ANY game, the Bears-Packers game! John won tickets so he got to go for free, I was jealous so I bought them.. I went with Katie McD and her rooom-mate Marla. It was fantastic! Our tickets were awesome! (Only grumble was that the Bear's couldn't pull out with a win)


We were one of the first 30,000 fans - so we got scarves!!!

The first touchdown for the Bears... It gave us false hope.

Needless to say, I was pretty exhausted by Sunday night and started to doze watching Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. BUT, it was a very fun and exciting weekend. I wish I could say that I get a break, but unfortunately my week is swamped...
  • Tuesday - 10 cent wings and our Tuesday Night Christmas Movie Night (it might be Fred Claus this week)....
  • Wednesday - trivia, seriously can't miss that. Mullen's might be the greatest trivia bar in Chicago - maybe it's only because we rock it.
  • Thursday - Happy Hour with my ASCE-YMG group where I'm the Social Director - so I have to be social
  • Friday - Hair Party and birthday party (someone - not me - ruined the surprise)
  • Saturday - Bad Christmas sweater party (at least we aren't hosting - we get to take a break)
  • Sunday - packing for my trip to KC... trying to get some relaxation
  • Monday - leaving for KC to start the Christmas festivities..
Can someone tell me when I'm supposed to rest?? I am too busy for my own good!!! At least it's all fun... that makes it a lot easier.

I hope that everyone has a safe and fun holiday season!!! I'm looking forward to hearing all of your holiday stories and seeing your pictures :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like loads of fun!!! And I laughed out load at the comment about having to be social as you're the social chair;) Too cute! Hope you have a most wonderful time in KC - tell your fam hello!

    ReplyDelete