Thursday, December 27, 2012

75% cooked

I have promised pictures -- and pictures I shall deliver!  I'm nearly 75% done with this pregnancy business, and I can't even barely believe it.  We finally went to Buy Buy Baby today to kind of check it out and touch two of the more important items we are looking to buy, the stroller and the car seat.  It was a good trip, as we were able to figure out important things like "how the hell does the car seat come off the base?  Why are there so many buttons?  What do you get for an extra $220?"  I think we were able to answer most of those questions, and now the fun of registering begins. 

What else is new?  Doctor's appointment was yesterday for my 30 week check-up.  I think I've gained more weight in the last week and a half (Christmas food is so good) than I have the entire 29.5 before it.  Heartbeat was at 137, belly was measuring on track... and the swelling in my right hand is not a sign of strange things to come, just probably the way I'm sleeping and/or having to do with the bruise-like feeling I've had in my hand for the last 3 or so months.  Lack of movement isn't anything to worry about yet, and it seems like he just has some off weeks.  Today he was grooving along while I worked, so he's definitely still in there.  I don't go back for three weeks to get back to my even numbered week schedule.  John and I are signing up for a class soon (perhaps tonight if I finish this quick enough). 

Below are the last four weeks for your viewing pleasure. 


Week 27: The Calm Cucumber


Week 28: The Cribbed Cauliflower


Week 29:  The Capricious Cabbage

Week 30: The Bubbly Butternut Squash

It's starting to be much more obvious in regular clothes now, so I've definitely graduated to the "oh, you're pregnant" stage which is much better than the "are you pregnant or fat" stage.  I'm a big fan.  I'm hoping it will also provide my work with visible proof that my leave needs to be determined sooner than later.  
As for nursery, I have a couple pictures that show a little bit more of how the prints are being used.  


The crib with the Eat Well Travel Often print hung above.  The Chicago Bookshelf print will be hung to the left above the eventual glider.  


Our shelving which we have to figure out the spacing for still.  The dresser/changing table will go below.


From the front door, the print to the right we got in Ireland while we were there.  Our next thing we  need is new (read CLEAN) blinds.... Hopefully that will happen soon because these ones are gross!

We are getting close to the end game, and we are wrapping our heads around being ready for it.  I think we are nearly there.  After going to the baby store today, it's definitely feeling more and more real and the realization that we will bring home a baby in about 10 weeks is sinking in.  
Next is a quick post on Christmas and all the festivities of Kansas City and Chicago.  I don't think there is too much going on otherwise... other than the fact that I'm getting used for a dance floor again.  Still a bizarre feeling, but I'll take it.  This kid might not know Bach or Mozart when he gets here, but he'll certainly enjoy Maroon 5, 90's rap, and various other pop culture icons... not sure if that's good or bad yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment