Tuesday, May 21, 2013

2 months already?!?!

Holy smokes - we've done it... we have made it into two months.  Okay, it's really not that crazy of a milestone really, I think that the three month one (aka 1/4 of a YEAR) will throw me a bit more - I'm just incredibly impressed by how quickly two months snuck up on us.

What's new?  Colin smiles... thank goodness.  It makes the crying so much more bearable.  Ha.  In all seriousness, it's adorable and I love it.  He's almost to the point where I feel like he wants to actually laugh, but so far we haven't seen it.  We sing songs (Itsy Bitsy Spider; Row, Row, Row Your Boat; Twinkle Twinkle Little Star), we work on tummy time (to mixed results of crying, confusion, and overall iritation)... it's a pretty good little life we're leading.  Good thing it's about to get turned upside down in two weeks when I go back to work.  That's the topic of an entirely different post.

We've also celebrated my 30th birthday AND my first mother's day.  That was a crazy weekend.  Just in how much was going on.  For my 30th we got to go to the Urgent Care at our pediatrician's office to get eye drops for Colin's first eye infection AND I was told that he doesn't handle dairy protein very well so until further notice I'm off of dairy.  Wha wha.  It'll be so worth it if we see a change in his demeanor and tummy, but it was a sad day for me.  But, all is temporary so I'll do what I can to try and help the little guy out.  Luckily, his eye is back to normal and we should start seeing benefits from our no-dairy diet soon!

On his two month check up he measured in at 11 lb 12 oz and 24.25" long.  A few days before he had been at 12 lb 2 oz, so we were a little surprised at the nearly 0.5 lb weight loss.. but it seems like he's okay.  He's crazy long and crazy skinny.. not a huge surprise, but I'm kind of hoping he'll eventually get a little fatter.

He's more alert than ever, and definitely is taking in what's going on around him.  He moves around in his bassinet at night like a crazy person.  He rolls around and manages to shimmy himself in circles so if I put him down one way, when I wake up to feed him in the middle of the night or in the morning he will be either completely flipped around or at a minimum sideways.  Cracks me up.  He just moves those legs like crazy and eventually gets enough momentum to rotate.

So without further ado, here are some pictures - they are kind of a random sample of things - mainly where I thought he was cute or Grandpa was visiting.  I think I have a diagnosable problem with the number of pictures I take, all of which look like they are essentially the same thing over and over again.  But in the moment, it seems completely different.


One of my favorites


Sitting with grandpa - just about to drift to sleep


Chillin' with daddy in his superman onesie and cape


Our friends made us a bunch of onesies - I put this on him right before he turned two months, because I am lazy... Technically he was still within the 1 month old timeframe.


Happy Two Months Colin!!!


More homemade friends onesies.. ha.  Another one to come, but I can only change him so many times before he freaks out.


And this one just made me laugh because this was him crashed out on the couch earlier today.

And here we are - two months in, 1/6 of the way to a year... two weeks from going back to work.  Can't wait to see what he does next month!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh he is just SO cute!!! I love how much he's filled out from one month to two! So crazy how fast they change :) I can't wait to see what the next month brings too! LOVEYOUBOTH!!!!

    ReplyDelete