Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Round two

So, I don't feel like I'm showing at all.  I'm definitely not looking "pregnant", but I think people could think that I'm getting fatter?  So I guess that's a plus, or something.  

In case it's not very clear in the pictures - the weeks are labeled as such:
Week 14: The Limbed Lemon (soon after our last u/s that showed legs and arms that were punching and kicking and doing all sorts of crazy stuff)
Week 15: The Original Orange (it seemed appropriate)
Week 16: The Athletic Avocado (this is the week of exercise; my 5k and joining a prenatal Pilates class)

I also told my office in one of the more awkward moments in my life.  Luckily 2 of the 4 guys have kids so they at least weren't completely unsure of things to say... the other 2, I don't think they even really looked at me after I said anything.  I think they were a bit uncomfortable.  I pretty much just blurted it out while going over a schedule for a project, unprovoked, unexpected.  It was pretty awkward (I wish I had a better word for it so I didn't have to keep reusing it - really need a thesaurus).  But at least I no longer have to hide it and worry that someone will find out.  And my boss no longer has to whisper which I think he appreciates because I get the feeling he was having a hard time with it.  Which kind of makes me laugh.  So the cat's out of the bag! 

Oh, and my boss is currently working on the employee handbook which will now include a maternity policy, so I think that's a step in the right direction.  No more social media blackout, although I'm not really sure how that will ever get shared since I can barely say the "p" word.  When I told my coworkers I said "well, if we are going into 2013 for the schedule then I guess I should let you know that I'm due on March 8".  I didn't even bother with saying the "p" or the "b" word.  Yeah, I'm a weirdo.

Alright, that's all I've got for now.  Apparently all I needed for inspiration on this blog was to get ... wait for it.... pregnant (I said it).  Now I have all sorts of things to write about - please don't get sick of me!!

2 comments:

  1. Really need a thesaurus;) Love it. And yes, the "p" word gives ample blog fodder. The "b" word does too...and no one will get sick of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for +1! I am so glad the blackout is over now I can get regular updates without pestering you all the time. ;) Love to allow you.

    ReplyDelete