Friday, September 28, 2012

The verdict is....

... still out.  Goodness, all this build up and we found out NOTHING today... Okay, that's not true.  We heard the heartbeat again (156 bpm) so we found out that it's still in there, it's not a figment of our 4 weeks ago imagination.

I guess it's my fault.  I didn't specifically ask if I was getting the ultrasound.  At my last appointment my doctor had said that we were going to do the second trimester screening blah blah blah the next time which to me meant bloodwork and ultrasound.  For the record, it JUST meant bloodwork.  Bummer.  But, she gave me the go ahead to come back in 3 weeks instead of 4 weeks.  So I jumped on that opportunity and I'm most definitely going back on October 19.  We are doing the full work-up, ultrasound and seeing all the parts and whatnot then (at least as far as I know, otherwise we're waiting until the 3rd trimester at that point and that seems a bit excessive).

So until then, while I'm sad we didn't get more information today, I'm glad that we at least had the appointment.  I'm still "in the family way", so I guess I should enjoy the fact that my pants are still fitting.

Now I just have to figure out the best way to learn patience for the next 3 weeks.  I'll work on that while I try to learn how to NOT sleep on my back.  Ugh, this is going to move slow.

No comments:

Post a Comment