Monday, September 17, 2012

The one in which I threw up...

...in front of my friends... in front of strangers... while cruising in an electric boat on the Chicago River.  How humiliating is that?  I hate throwing up in front of people, it's miserable and embarrassing, and generally to do it in public (over the side of a boat) makes it so much worse.  I know the cause of it, lack of water and the headache that I had been trying to ignore all day.  I was trying so hard to not take any medicine, and it completely backfired.  As we set forth to Chinatown along the river it started getting worse.  I tried to eat to make my stomach less rocky - I drank lemonade in the hopes that some liquid would make it feel better.  Unfortunately it didn't work and within no time I was leaning over the side of the boat apologizing profusely to my friends.  They handled it like champs and didn't judge me (or at least out loud which I appreciate).  Then when we were passing kayakers in the river they cheered me on to vomit in front of them so that they would know the kind of disgusting water they were paddling in.  I tried not to oblige , but I have to admit that I started getting queasy again and just as we passed them (luckily made it past the architectural tour of business-dress folks) I ended up having to lean over the side again.  I don't think they saw it.. I would have felt terribly guilty for ruining their paddling trip.

Ugh, when does this get better?  It's not morning sickness anymore, it's this terrible increase in headaches that's really killing me.  Without being able to take Excedrin, I don't know how the next six months will go.


No comments:

Post a Comment