Friday, January 25, 2013

So cute...

... one reason I shouldn't have been TOO worried about my (now resolved) maternity policy, the reaction to a 3 month old baby being brought into my office today.  One of my coworkers had to bring his son in for our company meeting, and the guys were practically lined up to hold him throughout the 4 hour meeting.  It was really cute.  They were so excited about the baby, and picking him up and carrying him around to try and help out dad.  I like it when guys like kids...  I however stared at him from a distance and only agreed to hold him at the very end after he'd made the rounds and didn't appear to be fragile.

Another tidbit that made me smile -- when I said I was 6 weeks away, they all looked at me wide-eyed and said they never would have guessed, that I look great, and "shouldn't you be relaxing with your feet up somewhere?"  So I guess I'm doing alright with this pregnancy thing....

Oh and the new dad offered to give John pointers about how the baby thing works, and to assure him that after you watch a baby being born, you realize there isn't much you can do to break them.

And finally, again from new dad (2nd time dad, but new dad all the same)... when trying to convince one of the other coworkers that he and his wife need to start having kids, bearded coworker said that he and his wife were on the same page and there are still a lot of trips they want to take.  In response, new dad says "well, there's nothing like a trip down the birth canal".  I nearly choked on my lunch...

My coworkers crack me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment