Wednesday, October 17, 2012

It's the halfway countdown

Not a long post here, just a quick update on how everything is going.

I'm in my final week of the first half.  (The answer is "yes, that is insane")  I can't believe it's already halfway over!  The weirdest thing is that I'm still not feeling any different.  This makes me of course... nervous.  Because that's the name of the game I play.  My appetite hasn't increased, my stomach at the end of day looks bigger than normal, so I guess I'm starting to show.  Pat saw me the other day and apparently reported me for looking like I had a baby bump.  So, I guess I'm starting to look it?  Although I feel pretty confident I traveled incognito, especially since the trip from Dublin to London they sat me in the emergency exit row and I feel pretty confident that I'm not qualified for that.  Luckily for everyone the plane did NOT go down and I in no way had to operate any sort of safety procedure.  

Traveling while pregnant was pretty easy.  My doctor was completely supportive which definitely helped, but had a few ideas of things I needed to do to make it "safer".  I had to rest as much as possible (obviously), drink tons of water to stay hydrated, bring medical records in case of emergency, and of course wear compression thigh highs.  Now, I don't know how many out there have worn these sexy beasts (I feel few of my readers are over the age of 70 or at the risk of blood clots)... but they are super awkward.  I wore comfy pants on the plane and so you could definitely see the line of where the tights ended and the fat of my thigh over-topped.  My doctor had warned me of the difficulty of getting them on at the airport and had recommended me putting them on before leaving.  I wasn't prepared to wear them any longer than I had to, so I went against that advice.  So I contorted myself and tried desperately to NOT step on an airport bathroom floor while struggling into those things.  Not the best idea, but it did save me about 3 hrs of extra time being squeezed inside them.  The way back they were a little bit better because they were slightly stretched out from my previous trip.  So they were much easier to get on at the airport.  

Everything else was pretty status quo.  I think that it was a little harder for me to adapt to the time change.  I just never felt like I was switched over.  Some of it might have had to do with never really sleeping in, but I just never caught up.  So, I'm pretty exhausted now.  But, that should hopefully pass a little bit until I just am tired anyway.  I was still happy to walk everywhere (including the rental car place to our hotel -- approximately 3 km) and other than a little bit of sacroiliac pain (??), I felt great.  Next step for me is getting an SI belt.  

Now for what you are actually looking for -- pictures of the last four weeks.

Week 17: The Telling Turnip (although it told us nothing since all we heard was the heartbeat.. alright it told us that it was still beating)
Week 18: The Secretive Sweet Potato (since we found out nothing)
Week 19: The Mysterious Mango (still waiting)
Week 20: The Cultured Cantaloupe 


What's the verdict?  I feel like Week 17 looks bigger than Week 18.. and then back to big for Week 19 and then smaller again Week 20.

Oh - and still no feeling of movement.  I tried to relax and see if  I could concentrate and feel it while in Ardmore, instead I feel asleep in the bathtub, so it didn't quite work out.  Ha.  Hopefully that starts up again soon, it's starting to make me so (wait for it) nervous.  So I would really like to have that get going.

Friday is our big day, hopefully I'll have more ultrasound pictures and more exciting news about how it's growing!  When did everyone else start feeling movement?  When did you start feeling like you were actually pregnant?  I'm still waiting on all counts....

No comments:

Post a Comment